8th International Congress on Transportation Research
The Future of Transportation: A vision for 2030
September 28-29, 2017
SAVE THE DATE!
The Hellenic Institute of Transportation Engineers (HITE) and the Hellenic Institute of Transport (H.I.T.) co-organize the ‘8th International Congress on Transportation Research’(ICTR), which will be held 28-29 September 2017, at the H.I.T./CERTH premises in Thermi, Thessaloniki. The spotlight theme of the 2017 Congress is: The Future of Transportation: A Vision for 2030.
The ICTR has been a major event in the field of transportation research for the past 15 years. Potential ICTR participants include the research and academic community, public service officials, as well as the public and private sector involved in the development and implementation of innovative projects in the field of transport.
ICTR 2017 will host innovative research and development work in the field of transportation systems, operations and infrastructures, in Greece and abroad. The Congress objective is to showcase recent top-notch research activities in transportation, merge research findings and policy making tasks, facilitate the exchange of knowledge in the local and international level and draw conclusions and shape recommendations on the future of transportation.
Submissions in the following topics are strongly encouraged (submitted work in other topics relevant to transportation will be considered as well):
- Sustainable Mobility
- Multimodal Transport Systems
- Green Transportation
- Smart transport infrastructures
- Transportation Safety and Security
- New technologies in sensing and monitoring traffic
- Cooperative systems and on-demand transportation services.
- Autonomous driving, connected and automated vehicles
- Internet of Things and Big Data in Transportation
- Social Media in Transportation
Submissions will be completed in two phases (initially abstracts and subsequently full-text papers), through ICTR’s website ( www.ictr.gr), according to the following time schedule:
- 15th December 2016: Abstract submission deadline (up to 500 words)
- 15th January 2017: Notification of acceptance deadline (approximate)
- 15th March 2017: Full-text paper submission deadline
- 31st May 2017: Authors informed on review results (approximate)
- 30th June 2017: Final paper submission deadline
Guidelines on the format of abstracts and full-text papers will be published at the Congress website on November 18th.
Finally, selected high-impact papers will be considered for publication in international scientific journals (Special Journal Issue), following an additional peer-review process. Title of journals will be announced on time.
For more information regarding ICTR 2017 please visit the Congress website www.ictr.gr .
We look forward to welcoming you to Thessaloniki!
ICTR 2017 Organising Committee