EURNEX Gender Equality Plan
- Introduction This Gender Equality Plan (GEP) outlines EURNEX’s commitment to promoting gender equality in all aspects of its activities, The GEP aims to establish a framework for identifying and addressing gender inequalities in EURNEX’s policies, procedures, and practices, and to promote a culture of inclusion, respect, and diversity.
- Objectives The objectives of EURNEX’s GEP are to:
- Ensure equal opportunities for women and men in all aspects of EURNEX’s activities, including recruitment, career development, training, and decision-making processes.
- Prevent gender discrimination and bias in EURNEX’s policies, procedures, and practices.
- Promote gender mainstreaming in research and innovation activities and ensure that gender perspectives are integrated into the design, implementation, and evaluation of projects.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the GEP and report on progress towards gender equality.
- Actions EURNEX’s GEP includes the following actions:
- Establish a Gender Equality Working Group (GEWG) composed of representatives from different units of the association, responsible for implementing and monitoring the GEP.
- Conduct a gender analysis of EURNEX’s policies, procedures, and practices, to identify and address gender inequalities and bias.
- Develop and implement a gender-sensitive recruitment and selection process, ensuring that job advertisements, job descriptions, and selection criteria are gender-neutral and that women are represented on selection committees.
- Develop and implement a gender-sensitive career development and training program, including mentoring, coaching, and networking opportunities for women.
- Ensure that EURNEX’s decision-making processes are gender-sensitive and promote gender balance in all decision-making bodies.
- Develop and implement a gender mainstreaming strategy for research and innovation activities, including the integration of gender perspectives in research questions, data collection and analysis, and dissemination of results.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of the GEP on gender equality in EURNEX and report on progress annually.
- Resources EURNEX will allocate resources to support the implementation of the GEP, including:
- Funding for training and awareness-raising activities on gender equality.
- Staff time to participate in the Gender Equality Working Group and to implement the GEP.
- Support for the development and implementation of gender-sensitive policies and practices.
- Communication and Awareness-raising EURNEX will communicate the GEP to all staff members and stakeholders, and raise awareness of gender equality through:
- Training and awareness-raising activities on gender equality for staff members and stakeholders.
- The dissemination of gender-sensitive information and materials.
- The promotion of gender balance in public events and conferences.
- Monitoring and Evaluation The GEWG will monitor and evaluate the implementation and impact of the GEP, using indicators and targets to measure progress towards gender equality. The results will be reported annually to EURNEX’s management and stakeholders.
- Conclusion EURNEX is committed to promoting gender equality in all aspects of its activities, and this GEP outlines the actions that will be taken to achieve this goal. EURNEX will monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the GEP and adjust it as necessary to ensure that it remains relevant and effective in promoting gender equality.