The AIT Austrian Institute of Technology is Austria’s largest research and technology organisation. Among the European research institutes, AIT is a specialist in the key infrastructure issues of the future.
CENTER FOR MOBILITY SYSTEMS. Holistic, intelligent and sustainable: Solutions for the mobility of tomorrow. The Center for Mobility Systems carries out its research independently – on behalf of science – and develops solutions – on behalf of the economic sector. More than 100 highly-qualified, specialised and international experts work at the Center for Mobility Systems
- Bridge dynamics,
- Bridge engineering,
- Civil Engineering,
- Concrete Engineering,
- Damage detection,
- Infrastructure acoustics
- Traffic safety
- Probabilistic methods.
- Retrofitting Techniques,
- Structural Dynamics,
- Structural assessment,
- Structural health monitoring,
- Vibration propagation.
- Alois Vorwagner graduated in civil engineering at the Graz University of Technology (Austria) and
finished his PHD at Technical university of Vienna in the field of retrofitting of concrete structures. Since May 2014 he is Senior Researcher and Thematic Coordinator – leading a Team, with focus on Structural Dynamics,Vibrations, Seismic Engineering, Lifecycle Engineering. Since January 2017 he is resoponsible Buisness Case Mangager for Structrual and Noise asssement of Transprot infrastrucure. From 2005 to 2014 he was active as engineering consultant and senior project manager and was working in different national and international constructions- projects. He was dealing in different fields of structural and civil engineering, concrete design, seismic engineering, dynamics and soil engineering.
- Marian Ralbovsky Scientist at AIT since 2002. Worked at national and international research projects in roles of scientist, WP-leader and project leader. PhD at Technical University Bratislava. Member of national standardization committees.
- Marco Conter Senior Research Engineer & Thematic Coordinator for Acoustics and Noise Abatement.Teamleader in the field of traffic noise measurements, tyre/road noise and noise barriers. He was involved in several European projects and national research projects and has a large experience with several measurement techniques in different acoustics fields: room, building, environmental and traffic acoustics. Member of inter/national standardization committees. Graduated as Civil engineering form TU Brescia (Italy).
- Peter Saleh Senior Reserach Engineer, Thematic Coordinator für Road Safety, Deputy Head of Competence Study at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna. He specialized in traffic planning with special emphasis on road safety planning and is working for AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH (Center for Mobility Systems) since 2005. 10 year PM of national and international projects, team leader and business manager.
M. Ralbovsky, S. Lachinger: Structural utilization assessment considering the uncertainty of monitoring-based damage identification, 12th International Conference on Structural Safety and Reliability ICOSSAR, Vienna, Austria, 6.-10.8.2017
M. Ralbovsky, S. Deix, R. Flesch: Frequency changes in frequency-based damage identification. Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, vol. 6, 2010, p. 611-619
M. Ralbovsky, S. Deix, H. Friedl, K. Alten: Dynamic load amplification on short and medium span bridges. 8th International Conf. on Structural Dynamics, EURODYN 2011
M. Ralbovsky, K. Alten: Predicting Vibration Immission using Train Simulation. Proceedings of Internoise 2013, Austria
M. Ralbovsky, R. Flesch, H. Friedl: Coupling of buildings by viscous dampers and nonlinear response estimation. 14th European Conf. on Earthquake Engineering, 2010, Macedonia.
H. Kühnelt, A. Vorwagner, D. Heine, F. Saliger, R. Heissenberger:
„Analysis of pressure loads on installations in high-speed tunnels- with model scale experiments and numerical simulations“; Vortrag: TRA 2018, Wien; 16.04.2018 – 19.04.2018; in: „Proceedings of 7th Transport Research Arena TRA 2018“, (2018), Paper-Nr. 10501;, 10 S.
A. Vorwagner, S. Lachinger, S. Burtscher:
„New Durable Bond Anchorage for Strengthening with Prestressed Near Surface Mounted CFRP“;
Vortrag: 19th Congress of IABSE, Stockholm; 21.09.2016 – 23.09.2016; in: „IABSE Congress“, IABSE c/o ETH Honggerberg, Schweiz, Schweiz (2016), ISBN: 978-3-85748-144-4; 8 S.S. Lachinger, M. Reiterer, J. Fink, S. Bruschetini-Ambro, A. Vorwagner:
„Determination of dynamic properties of railway bridges through forced excitation“;
Vortrag: IABSE 2017, Vancouver/Canada; 21.09.2017 – 23.09.2017; in: „IABSE Symposium Vancouver, 2017 – Engineering the Future“, IABSE, Zürich, (2017), ISBN: 978-3-85748-153-6; 8 S.M. Ralbovsky, A. Vorwagner, S. Lachinger, M. Kleiser:
„Bridge vibrations under road traffic during concrete hardening of widened bridge deck“;
Poster: Proceedings of TRA 2018, Wien; 16.04.2018 – 19.04.2018; in: „Proceedings of Transport Research Arena 2018“, BMVIT+AIT, (2018).
AITName of Member:Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
Acronym: AIT E-mail:email@example.com
Telephone: +43 50550-0
Address: Giefinggasse 4, 1210 Vienna – Austria, FN: 115980 i HG Wien